Is it wrong to want to find a man to take care of me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I guess it is if that's all you want from a man. That's not very fair to him if it is. If you want a man as a companion in your life, then no. But, you have to be willing to give as well as take.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I guess it depends on your definition of taking care. If you in turn are taking care of him as well,then no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• no, i think everyone wants someone to take care of them in one way or another. i'll tell you what my grandmom told me. i don't care if you marry a dr., a lawyer or an indian chief....make sure you can make it on your own first. i think that's great advice.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't think so. When I was single, I wouldn't date a man that didn't have a job making enough money to support me and my kids. Not that I'm a freeloader, I was working and paying for everything and I'm more than capable of taking care of myself, but I like that feeling of being taken care of. Also, if we married and I ever lost my job I didn't want to be in financial ruin.

Answer by missanc at 9:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• um...yeah if you can't take care of yourself alone then it is a problem
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Be careful with that thinking. Men who are predators, abusive, and controlling look for women like that.. Then they are trapped. I'm not saying all of them, I'm just saying it's something to think about.
    Your chances of a healthier relationship would be to be okay alone first. What happens if you marry a man who has $$ and he hurts himself and can't work anymore? You may have to pitch in. Life isn't consistent.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No, I would love to meet a man that will take care of me too. I don't mean take care of financially, or like around the house or anything, but just someone that I feel safe with, some one wants to take care of me even though I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes i think it is wrong. You should want to take care of yourself. Why should you be depended on a man.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It depends on what type of caring your talking about. If it's emotional and to keep you safe and warm then yes, that awesome but if it's financial, you're up the creek without a paddle.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, I don't think so. But watch out, you may take care of him financially instead.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2010