breast feed and bottle?

id like to do both, has anyone one?

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 10:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would establish a good breast feeding technique and supply before i would start pumping for bottles.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I agree with princessbeth79. I have nursed my bio-children (all 3) and am still nursing my youngest (she's 6 months old) and she only gets a bottle when she's going to be in daycare for more than an hour, which is twice a week.
    Get a good supply going, the only way to do it is to actually nurse your baby, and then pump after the feeding to get an increase so that you can pump while away from your baby. Just be prepared to still need to sit out to pump during the time you would normally be nursing so that you don't damage your supply.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I tried breast feeding my oldest and after 4 months it was not working. He was crying all the time, I produced so much milk he would chock and finally my mother said, just bottle feed him it is okay. After that he was fine and I was more relaxed. I did nurse my other 2 children for about 6 months, although I did use bottles with my middle one because I had to go back to work. I think you can do it and sometimes it is nice if the father wants to get involved when the babies are little. My DH loved bottle feeding the kids when they were babies.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I did both but not till he was older. If breastfeeding works out well just stick with breast for a while. Bottles should be given no earlier than 5-6 weeks into established breastfeeding.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i did both b/c my baby was underweight. i had to supplement with formula. i eventually gave up breast feeding even though i had no problems with it. I really regret that decision. This time around, i'm going to keep my head up high
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:57 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I tried for a little while wasn't worth it. Much easier to stay at the breast only~

Why do you want to do this?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2010