Babies and gas?

My 6 month old son has such bad gas that he wakes up in the middle of the night screaming in pain. I use Enfamil GentleEase formula per the doctors orders and also use gas drops almost constantly. He has rice in every bottle as the doctor said and is starting baby food now. He poops only once every couple of days too...been using Karo syrup and suppositories for that. Any ideas on getting rid of the gas???

MommysAngels810

Asked by MommysAngels810 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Millicon drops always worked great fro me. He might be a little constipated due to the rice in the bottle. try either eliminating rice or add a bottle of diluted baby juice. 2-4 oz
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• have you tried gripe water? i like that better than gas drops. works quicker and is more effective.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i would eliminate the rice! but if u cant then use some juice to help! i give my dd an oz of apple juice every other day to get her to have a good poop! she tends to hold it in!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Rice, karo, there are a number of things you're giving him that can be the culprits. One of my kids would wake up screaming in pain after eating certain foods - starting around 6 months and going til about 2 years - took us that long to figure out the trigger foods, plus they kept changing. The best thing you could do at this point is cut out everything except the formula - no suppositories, no karo, no food, no cereal, nothing. Then after 1-2 weeks, sloooooowly start adding other things back in. If he's still acting like that on just formula, it's the formula. If he's good on just the formula, start non-grain foods and see what happens. Still good? Try the cereal - but chances are that's what's affecting him negatively.
    Anonymous