how many have 22 month olds that dont nap?

my 22 month old has essentially stopped napping since we switched her to a regular bed. we dont have the option to switch back to her crib b/c my 6 month old needs it. most of the time she stays in her room and is quiet, reading or something. if this is the case for anyone, how long do you leave them in there for "quiet" time even if they dont nap? could this just be a phase or are her naps over? we've had the big bed for a few weeks, less than a month.

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 2:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Neither of my kids napped at that age. DS never napped much even as an infant and gave up naps before he was a year old. DD only took naps when she was not feeling well as a toddler. I didn't make them have quiet time though, so I can't answer that part.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My three year old daughter has always been one that would only nap sometimes. Otherwise, she lays in her crib for the entire naptime--sometimes 3 hours--while the other children sleep. In my experience, the girls quit napping before the boys.
    pharmacymomof4

Answer by pharmacymomof4 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My 2 year old used to be so good at nap time he would go straight to sleep and sleep for almost 3 hours. When we switched him to his toddler bed he changed. Sometimes he will go to sleep (only if the tv is not on) but other times he will stay in the room and cry for hours and to the point where I think he might throw up. Other times he will get up and go sit on my bed and just watch tv or jump on my bed....He has to be told over and over again to take a nap. He will sit in the door way and scream mommy til I go see what he wants and try to make him lay down again!
    proudmama_2boys

Answer by proudmama_2boys at 5:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2008