Anyone make homemade coats/clothes??

There is this cute coat I found (Simplicity 3940) that I really want for my DD but I cannot sew that well. I am learning but the material for the coat is not cheap so I cannot learn as I go. So I am wondering if anyone may be able to make this for me. I want the coat/hat/ and hopefully the sm dog coat to if possible.

daisysrdeadly

Asked by daisysrdeadly at 10:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It is super cute. Sorry I can't help though. Have you looked at the local fabric store to see if there is anyone near you that might be able to help.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• When I was there I was tempted but I wasn't sure how to go about asking. They had one made on display and I so wanted to see if they would sale it, but I thought they would think I was nuts lol.
    daisysrdeadly

Comment by daisysrdeadly (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Hey, who cares if they think you're nuts, you can always ask nicely !
    It is worth asking if there are any seamstresses who will sew up a garment. It's a nice little earner for some women.

Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 1:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• if you go to etsy.com there is a section where u can request stuff to be made and people can place bids to do it for you. You'd probably get it done pretty cheap considering you have the fabric already

joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 7:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• No luck with Etsy but thank you joscelyne I am going back to hobby lobby, where I saw it and am going to see if someone there makes them. They have one on display too so I am wondering if they will sell that one it was the right size.
    daisysrdeadly

Comment by daisysrdeadly (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2010