I want to start a Babysitters Club for middle schoolers and High schoolers in my area...HELP?!!!

oookkk. I want to start in my area a Babysitters Club for middle schoolers and high schoolers. It'll be also like mentoring program, and a tutoring program. We'll take trips, do fundraisers, etc., while providing a service for parents. I was initially gonna start it within the military families in my area, and my local church...Here is how I was gonna start it...

YanniSmoMMy

Asked by YanniSmoMMy at 2:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• - Every new member will recieve a Babysitters kit (made by me)which includes, a tell-all book, info, Kid Kit, etc

-Initally membership is $10.00, which goes to CPR and First Aid certification and babysitting course by Red Cross.

-We will have meetings 2 times a month, and when we have meetings we talk about new business, making of flyers, redoing Kid Kits, creating t-shirts, planning of trips, fundraisers, or more fun babysitting courses, sharing experience, etc, and eating...lol...

look below
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• -It is for ages 11-18, although, age 11 and 12 will not be babysitting they will be Junior babysitters, and will either accompany "Babysitters, and Senior Babysitters". Babysitters are the 13-15 and the "senior Babysitters" are "16-18"

-The meetings will last 1 hour - 1/2. The last 30 minutes is when parents can contact the "Babysitters Club" to set up babysitting, or tutoring services. Prospective Parents can also sit in on the meetings and see how we run it, and at the end request services.

I was wondering if this sounds good, and also how to run the money thing. I was plannign on having the babysitters KEEP the money, and MAYBE pay maybe 2-5 dollars to the club, depending on how much they made, when they come to the meetings. BUT, I dont know....

look below
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Also, I want to do something where the members can run for President, Vice President, Treasurer, etc...but should I do that?

Does any of this sound good, or any one have any ideas? Would you join it? I'm preparing to call my local youth service center and ask to make one, but I wanted to know what ya'll think, and would ya'll either join or call! lol///THANKS!!
    YanniSmoMMy

• I think it would go over well if parents felt they could fully trust the sitters. There should be established general rules for the sitters in all the houses (so parents know they are getting the same quality with each sitter). Do you hope to make money? If so, there needs to be a percentage of each sitting job that goes to the club. (An idea of how much would be earned would be established once appointments are made so they don't "rip off" the club. A form indicating this information and turned in at the meeting with the pay % following the jobs would be good.)
    Anonymous

• You'd also need to determine a fair percentage of pay for the junior babysitters (maybe this could come out of the % given to the club so older babysitters wouldn't frown on having to bring along a junior).

(the forms should be signed by the parents -they also write pay amount -after they have paid so the money is allocated properly I think)

A follow up questionaire on paper or by phone should be performed for the first jobs a sitter receives (they should not know of this) to determine if they are doing a good job

Anonymous

• Thats a good idea...see that's what I was tryin to figure out...how to do the money thing. Because in order to do trips and add things to the club there needs to be some type of money goin in. Fundrasiers are good, but yea...soooooo....that sounds good....
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Great IDEA!! thank you....that makes so much sense. There is also I book that I have that speaks on that too...thank you
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I would make meetings weekly and require members attend at least 2 a month - this way parents can schedule every week if something comes up they need sitters for sooner.

establish schedules so jobs can be "given out" to people not in attendance for that particular meeting
    Anonymous

• Have a brief update sheet people can pick up for each meeting in case they weren't in attendance at the last meeting(or do it via email) - this way you won't have to waste time telling what happened previously.

Anonymous

• Great ideas...I'm copying all of them. I just called my local youth center and I have a meeting on the 12th so I'm trying to get everything prepared! lol...thank you!!!
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008