my son is 4 years old and is acting like a teen

my son is 4 and is starting to act like a teen i dont know where he got it but ill ask him to help me clean his room or pick stuff up and he will be like "FINE" remember us telling our prents fine i lol i think its funny but than it gets to me is anyone elses kids starting to do this!!

kris8525

Asked by kris8525 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my nephew does that!!! you'll tell him to do something and he'll ignore you so you'll say it again and he'll be like "OHHH KAAAY gosh"
    XD XD XD I'm like, please, Ryan, youre not 15, spare me
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Kids learn by example. They either hear it or see it and say/do it. Does he watch tv? Maybe he learned it there.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Lately any time I tell my 3 year to do something (pick up a toy, bring something to me) she tells me
    "You do it, I am busy" then goes back to playing.
    Martina70

Answer by Martina70 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think he is just testing his bounds to see how far he can push you. Instead of asking him to do something, tell him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yup, my DS has done this along with the "OkAAy" tone that ElsaSalsaaa wrote. What stinks is that my 3-year old DD has picked this up and does it, too! She has also done that "you do it" bit! Do you think they are conspiring? LOL :D
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Our son is 3 and my husband was trying to use this fishing game last night and he said "i don't have time for this " and walked away..lol!~ he heard it from Toy Story
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Well it is funny unless you actually need him to do something. He is showing you he has free will. Oy good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My two year old son rolled his eyes at me the other day. I am in such trouble LOL
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010