This is for those who think 2 drinks doesn't impair you

Why don't you try telling this to my best friends family and me. My friend was killed at 1pm in the afternoon. The driver claimed she only had two drinks. Hell she wasn't even over the limit.

For me I was 18 weeks along with a baby girl coming back from the doctors appointment that told me I had a girl. It was about 4PM and I was hit head on by a drunk driver. The claimed to only had 2 beers. same thing they weren't over the limit. I was in the hospital for a week and I LOST my baby.  Both drivers received a DUI

So now you tell me that 2 drinks don't impair you. Tell me WHY I lost my baby if the driver wasn't impaired or why my friends family lost a daughter when she was only 15 years old.

2 drinks don't impair you. WHATEVER.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• hugsI'm so sorry hon. I totally agree with you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Im so sorry for your loss :( I definitely agree with you on this!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss. I agree. Must also add all drunk drivers claim to have only had 2 drinks.
    Anonymous

• I'm with you on this one. I'm sorry for your loss
    MamaDawn0223

Answer by MamaDawn0223 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Even half a drink impairs you. If youre drinking please call a cab or have someone drive you home, its cheaper than a lifetime worth of regret. Ive been around too many people who have killed someone or themselves because they had one drink or two. So yes I totally support this.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• 2 drinks CAN impair a person. It depends on the person's tolerance level, body weight and when they had those 2 drinks. An average woman weighing 110 lbs is impaired at 2 drinks in 1 hour. Also, just because they said they only had 2 drinks, they could have lied. If someone is going to drink they shouldn't drive. It is not worth it. I know people who drink a LOT and then drive because they will be ok and nothing will happen. As a future drug and alcohol counselor, I know what can cause an accident and it's not as much as people think.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'm so sorry for your loss! I agree even 1 drink can impare your ability. (HUGS)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• NOT EVERYONE??????
    Give me a break that is probably what these offending drunk drivers told themselves! Personally I think they should be charged with murder and sent to prison!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• People who drink ANY AMOUNT and drive, are assholes. Plain and simple.
    Im sorry for your loss OP
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 6:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think that it should be illegal to drive with a BAC of 0.01 or higher. I have also been affected by a driver who received a DUI, yet was under the legal limit.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010