do u think earth is the only rock with life and intelligent beings that exist in such a vast universe?

shruggingi dont know for sure but i think it is pretty cocky to think that in such a vast universe, earth is the only rock with intelligent life....

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope. Of course not. In fact depending on how you choose to define "life" we have proven there is life on other planets in our own solar system (one celled stuff). So, it would be rather ignorant & arrogant to think we are the only planet with more substantial life...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I believe there are other forms of life out there. There are thousands of other galaxies out there that we haven't/an't explore. There is no telling if there i life out there or not.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• no....they just found another corner of the universe that appears to have an environmental situation like ours. but it's really far away so i don't think we'll be going to investigate anytime soon lmao. and i think they found a life form that is silica based (i'm tired....i might be way wrong....i need to go to bed!) but it was not the same as the other known life-forms and that just opens up a whole new arena. i don't think it's impossible.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I do believe there is other life out there and I hope that the other life out there has enough sense to stay away from here until we, as a species, grow up some more. We are still in the "shoot first, ask questions later" stage.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Mostly likely there is some form of life out there.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, we arent the only planet occupied.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• nope I don't think we are at all! it is statistically almost impossible that we are alone in this universe in my mind.. yes we have very unique conditions that are hard to replicate.. like the pattern of our orbit and position in relation to the sun and having one moon that balances our rotation just perfectly..I suggest watching "the universe" series.. it is highly educational.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Absolutely not, nor have I EVER believed this. Last week evidence of non carbon based life was found here on earth, it is completely rewriting what science has always suspected, and can now PROVE. Within the same week, NASA discovered multiple red dwarf stars which are the equivalent to our own sun, and capable of supporting 'life'.

It is not only possible, but probable, and I believe that life most certainly exists elsewhere in this infinite universe.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Nope, the odds are just to slim that with the millions/billions/whatever planets out there that ours is the ONLY one capable of sustaining life.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No. It seems like such a waste of space to make ALL that, and only one planet with life. (Plus the idea that we're the epitome of intelligent life makes me a bit sad). I doubt whether anything intelligent enough to travel the vast distance of space would actually VISIT us. I think we're still too immature and xenophobic as a species to be worth contact.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010