Children's Song? I have googled it to no avail.

When I was a child we hand a record. On one side was the song "Play mate" (Playmate come out and play with me and bring your dollies three climb up my apple tree....)
on the other side was this very odd song sung by kids and a man. I was wondering if anyone knew of the song. This would have been a record from the 1960s and it was a smaller size.
the lyrics went...
"The cow goes moo, the duck goes quack and the rooster he goes cock-a-doodle-do at the break of every day." More animals are given, a horse, cat, and more. But I do remember the giraffe. it went" The fish goes glub, the giraffe goes ----- hey what sound does a giraffe make anyway? It doesn't make any noise! So the fish goes glub, the giraffe says nothing, the cow saws moo and the rooster he goes cock-a-doodle-do at the break of everyday!"
Does this ring any bells with anyone?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 10:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• and i have found the album i had with that same song... but not your album specifically. maybe this will help tho...
    you've all probably moved on, but quite by accident i stumbled across a site that led me to just enough information to want to do another search... and found it. Two releases--one with kids on the cover (1970) and called "the square song - sesame street" and one with cartoons on the cover (1974) and called "sesame street". The artist is The Pickwick Children's Chorus for the first album, but they changed it to simply Sesame Street being the artist for the second release. Who knows why. I tell you all this in case the link is stripped from this reply. The name of the song we're all trying to think of is "The Animal Song" ... and the link is http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Square_Song_%28album%29
    Phew. Happy Mother's Day!
    mintcocoa

Answer by mintcocoa at 10:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• No sorry! Maybe google preschool songs?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Tried that. Even tried the lyrics and animal songs, animal tunes, animal rhymes...
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Say say little playmate?
    http://bussongs.com/songs/say_say_my_playmate.php
    Not sure about the other one....sounds like a wiggles song though,
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 11:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Is it....."Animals on the farm"....It's sung to the tune of "The wheels on the bus go round and round"?????
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i think is oh mcdonalds is the name of that song
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Nope not to either tune. The tune goes "Da-Da-Da-Da. Da-Da ad da. Da-da da da da dadadadad da da da da da dah.
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I remember this one:

~Say say oh playmate. Come out and play with me. Come bring your dollies three. Come climb my apple tree. Slide down my rainbow into my treehouse door. And we'll be best best friends for ever more, more, more, more,more.~
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 12:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• So we've established that the first one is called Say Say oh Playmate but does anyone have a clue as to the second?
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i know your rooster song... how does the giraffe talk, what does he say? a giraffe doesn't say anything! well, say nothing then! a giraffe says (blank). but i had the full album as a kid and am trying to track that down, too. no further information on it, tho i'll let you know if i find out the artist or anything! same here...google has nothing on the lyrics i remember. take care...
    mintcocoa

Answer by mintcocoa at 5:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2011