Why is the race of our new president such an issue for some people? I am proud our country is finally comming together.

I had worded the question wrong the 1st time. I have biracial children and i want them to be proud of every part of themselves and where they come from, but some people just cant get over it and it makes me mad. Our country has come a long way and i am proud to be a part of it

oliveto

Asked by oliveto at 2:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm proud as well. However, some people are bitter and some are just hateful and racist. It's a shame but don't let that take away from how great this country is and how far we have come.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• amen I great post
    Anonymous

• because people say all the time the color of your skin means nothing we are all people etc ... then NOW you want to divide yourself and say oh the BLACK president....

so which is it? do you want to all be ONE?? or do you want to continue to seperate yourselves??

its their own doing when they continue to say the black president or"my N***a" etc..

i dont get it.
    Anonymous

• My kids are also biracial I didn't vote for Obama and it had nothing to do with his skin color. That's a non issue for me. I do have an issue with people that Voted for Obama solely because he is Black i think that's racist.

NicoleMarie02

Answer by NicoleMarie02 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• duh he is a African American-Caucasian and history was made duh History

she did not say black or did I miss that anon 2:16

Anonymous

• no she didnt say black but hes black isnt he??

DUH!
    Anonymous

• no he is African American-Caucasian duh
    Anonymous

• exactly. :) thank you for realizing that. its exactly what im talking about.
    Anonymous

• African-American-Caucasian!?!? Seriously? Why can't we all just be Americans?! I believe that unless you are truly FROM Africa and came over here to live, then you shouldn't call yourself African-American. I don't run around calling myself European American or Irish American. I am JUST American.

Perhaps the race card wouldn't be brought up so many times if people didn't keep trying to separate themselves from being just American.
    Anonymous

• If you did I would not mind at all people should be proud of their heritage

Anonymous