Any tips on my upcoming trip???

My 4 month old son & I will be taking a trip across the country next month (from east coast to west coast) and I'm just curious if anyone has any tips to make the transition easier. We're flying and I know that I should have him sucking on a bottle for take off and landing, but any extra ideas for the plane ride if he gets fussy - it's 2 flights of 3 1/2 hours long? Also, we're going to be doing a lot of driving to other states while we're back home & can use some tips on that too. The time difference is 2 hours, should I keep him on our schedule or adjust it for the new time zone which is 2 hours behind our normal time?

proudmama2772

Asked by proudmama2772 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The bottle is a good idea. Bring toys along with you. Remember you can get up and walk about the cabin if he gets fussy. I started traveling with my son when he was about that age and he slept most of the plane ride.

Keep him on the same schedule he's on. Changing it will only make things more difficult. You might find that he naturally changes his own schedule. lol My son used to have no trouble getting up at the same time every morning regardless of whether we were in California or New York. lol My brothers on the other hand never could change their schedule. lol

Traveling is hard on all children, even babies. If he has any toys he likes (rattle, colorful animal, etc) bring it. Play with him on the flight or in the car.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• i am traveling in a week with a 2 month old and i asked her pediatrician what i could do and he told me to give her childrens benadryl. try it before you get on the plane so you know how your baby reacts and if they are allergic.
    liv0504

Answer by liv0504 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2008