Changing a 7 month old

Anyone have any ideas to keep a 7 month occupied while changing him? I can't keep my son still for anything. Bottles/cups and toys dont help. I can't have him wiggiling all around with poo on his butt! lol

yaffamommy

Asked by yaffamommy at 2:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have to use my legs to pin my daughters arms down so she doesn't get up and walk, roll or crawl away.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You can swaddle the top half of the child so that arms are not wiggling, and with no arms it is more difficult (though not impossible!) to roll over.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My friend attached a mobile to her changing station so that it would spin right above her baby while she changed him. I'm not really sure there is too much else you can do to keep little ones from squirming! My 10 month old is quite a challenge some times!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I offer my son a diaper or a (closed) tube of diaper rash cream to play with. He used to especially love opening the diaper. And if all else fails, sometimes I do have to pin him down with my legs. I know it sounds horrible, but you do what you have to do, and it's better than getting poop all over the place.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My day care has stuff up above the changing table. There's a shelf, so there are toys hanging from the shelf and big stickers attached to it. Mobile would help like above poster said.
    Anonymous