Night terrors?

It seems not to matter what time she falls asleep, but for the last month my 2yr old partially wakes up around 4:30am screaming. All she needs is to hear our voice and she will calm down, but I have no clue why this is happening. There is no change to the lighting outside, the trains don't go by until 6am, the dog is in my room, the cats won't jump over the door gate (not even for treats). She's not hot, wet, tangled up, or in a dirty diaper.
Any ideas?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 10:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She may just wake up and be scared and need the reassurence that you are near by. I also have a 2 y/o that wakes up once a night screaming and when i go in he calms right down. He says he just wants to see Mommy.
    CarVan

Answer by CarVan at 10:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• having nightmares maybe. Is it every night?
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Since she calms down whenever she hears your voice it is probably not a night terror. Most people with night terrors will not be consolable, cannot be wakened, and will not recognize others.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 11:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• EVERY Night.
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010