my boyfriend was really happy when i found out i was pregnant now 3 wks later he's not happy about and is say that we're to young what should i do?

aarter

Asked by aarter at 10:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think right now he's just really freaking out and his mood about it will be all over the place for a while. How old are you two if you don't mind me asking?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Maybe it's just now hitting him and he is a little scared. How old are you guys? How long have you been together?
    MokaMommy

Answer by MokaMommy at 11:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• do u have any relatives or someone that u can talk to about what's going on???? if he doesn't come around with the idea that he's going to be a dad, wait until u have ur first dr. appt. and hear the heart beat that he will change.
    that's how my dh was with my son, but everything changed once he heard him.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Do what you want to do. What YOU can live with. Never, ever make a decision based on what other people want. He should have thought about that before he had sex. If he threatens your relationship(not saying he is or will)then let him walk. Hope it works out for you. Be strong.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think you really need to have a long talk with him and figure out what you want to do for yourself. While it is hard you can make it through. When I became pregnant with my first child and my EX SO didn't want to have anything to do with the baby, I left. It was very hard and I had to return home with my parents for a period of time it was what was best for me. That was 13 years ago. Since then I have gotten married to someone else and I have 2 more children.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• hi mokamommy
    we're both 22, it wasn't a planned pregnancy i just don't understand how he can be so excited one day and then the next he doesn't think we're doing the right thing, will he get past this and be happy again or will he continue being like this?
    aarter

Comment by aarter (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• sometimes they change, other times they still act like a child
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• it's just the whole realization is hitting him. he's going to be a dad....it's a lot of responsibility. my husband was like that too with our first. actually i was like that too sometimes. it doesn't mean he regrets the child or isn't happy, but it's a huge change and alot of things are racing through his head. it's completely normal and it will pass
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• He will probably get past. Everyone gets cold feet. A baby is a huge life altering experience. Whether or not he does though you have to make decisions that are best for you and the baby. If that includes him then really great, if not, then it's his loss and you will both have to move on. You can't do this for him, just wait it out.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• While 22 is young its not insanely young. He is probably just a little paniced. Since his initial reaction was a good one, there is a good chance he will come around.
    MokaMommy

Answer by MokaMommy at 11:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2010