How did you react, or what would you deem anormal reaction process to finding out your child is gay? I will delete question for bashing.

My daughter is 14, and she is very out of the closet. Nearly everyone ...us, extended family, church, school, have been very accepting. It has been a process, from shock and sadness (never anger, truly) to "she's our daughter, period."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• this makes me so happy to read. i dont even know what to say its just so good to hear that a teenager, as young as 14, can come out and have so much support. I"m bi, i'm 21 and i still dont even know how I would tell my mom. she would still tell me its a phase and all that horse shit.
    if my kids were gay I wouldn't care. I've had a ton of friends who are gay so it wouldn't be a negative for me.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• just unconditionall love regardless of any of her decisions she chooses to make....
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 11:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would be pleased. I think it would make for a happier lifestyle for my girls.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think i would take it well, i am very open minded. I am raising my kids not to hide what they feel so i don't think i would be shocked by it.
    CarVan

Answer by CarVan at 11:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My sister and I were just talkig about this. I have no problem with gays actually have a few gay friends. I will admit that it would be tough. You dream of your daughters wedding day and you just don't picture her up there with another woman. And you dream about your son bringing girls home and then one day its another boy. I would accept it but it would be tough and it would take a lot of time. You sound like you have a great family and a great community to be raising your family in. Good for you!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have not experienced this but I hope that if I ever do that I deal with it with as much love and understanding as I could. It's a sensitive situation for anyone but I dont think it's apropriate to treat them differently or love them any less.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I agree with you and feel that you have handled it just the way I would. I to believe that my kids are my kids no matter what. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010