How would you handle this situation with Hubby??

So My kids and I were supposed to pick up DH at the airport this morning. Well he never did call to tell us what time is flight got in. I tried to get a hold of him this whole day without any answer. I honestly think his phone is not working. So I decided to get a hold of the airlines at about 6 p.m. They told me that his flight had been canceled and that he would be arriving at 10 p.m. in our town. So heres my question...Even if his phone was not working wouldn't any decent person find a phone booth or SOMETHING to tell his wife and family what was up??? I really want to CHEW him out when he gets here!! Am I right??? How would you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I would think he could have at least picked up the phone and given you a call or sent a text message or an email or something. with everything out there now a days he should have gotten ahold of you somehow and at least let you know it was cancelled if it was me i would prolly say something to him to see what his response was.
    august_baby_09

Answer by august_baby_09 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i would be mad too! there are pay phones at airports!!! i would have been worried sick!!!!!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would totally freak out or maybe do the passive aggresive snarkiness for a few days. Both would probably be the wrong things to do, but that's how it would go down here.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• You have every right to be Mad at him- i would be So Pissed if my husband did that to me b/c i Freak over Everything & my nerves would of been shot Worrying about what was up- but, they just don't Think sometimes......... he probably figured you had everything under control, like we Always do!LOL! Try to cut him a little break- i'm sure he missed you guys:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Men.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes, he should've found a telephone of some sort to inform you of what had happened. Yes, I would definately mention something to him when we were alone. However, I don't think I'd go as far as to chew him out. It is an inconvenience that he caused by not calling and an unneeded worry that he caused, but it's honestly not a dire situation. It's not really needed for a heated argument, just a rather "Hey, idiot, next time give us a call" ... Or maybe in nicer words.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Sounds like something my husband would do. Some men just don't care to be considerate.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 11:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• wait to hear his lame answer
    then read him the riot act
    but listening to his stupid reason for not calling may give you a good laugh later on when he is not around
    men are idiots
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Tear him a new ass!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't pick him up. When he finally called for a ride I would tell him to get a cab or wait a few hours until I could get around to picking him up.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010