• In the Spotlight:

I want to start a Babysitters Club? How should I do it? Any suggestions?

I want to start a Babysitters Club much like the books, how do I go about it?

oookkk. I want to start in my area a Babysitters Club for middle schoolers and high schoolers. It'll be also like mentoring program, and a tutoring program. We'll take trips, do fundraisers, etc., while providing a service for parents. I was initially gonna start it within the military families in my area, and my local church...Here is how I was gonna start it...

look down

YanniSmoMMy

Asked by YanniSmoMMy at 2:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• - Every new member will recieve a Babysitters kit (made by me)which includes, a tell-all book, info, Kid Kit, etc

-Initally membership is $10.00, which goes to CPR and First Aid certification and babysitting course by Red Cross.

-We will have meetings 2 times a month, and when we have meetings we talk about new business, making of flyers, redoing Kid Kits, creating t-shirts, planning of trips, fundraisers, or more fun babysitting courses, sharing experience, etc, and eating...lol...

look down
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• -It is for ages 11-18, although, age 11 and 12 will not be babysitting they will be Junior babysitters, and will either accompany "Babysitters, and Senior Babysitters". Babysitters are the 13-15 and the "senior Babysitters" are "16-18"

-The meetings will last 1 hour - 1/2. The last 30 minutes is when parents can contact the "Babysitters Club" to set up babysitting, or tutoring services. Prospective Parents can also sit in on the meetings and see how we run it, and at the end request services.

YanniSmoMMy

• I was wondering if this sounds good, and also how to run the money thing. I was plannign on having the babysitters KEEP the money, and MAYBE pay maybe 2-5 dollars to the club, depending on how much they made, when they come to the meetings. BUT, I dont know....

Also, I want to do something where the members can run for President, Vice President, Treasurer, etc...but should I do that?

Does any of this sound good, or any one have any ideas? Would you join it? I'm preparing to call my local youth service center and ask to make one, but I wanted to know what ya'll think, and would ya'll either join or call! lol///THANKS!!
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i think it is a good idea, but honestly i don't think many teenagers would do it....at least the ones where i live wouldn't....but if it is something you really want to do then try and see.
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008