I need to get out

I need to get out..
me and my toddler boys live with my parents
theyre both abusive to each other, verbally and physically.

my mom is always mad, always yelling at me, i mean 30% of the time we have a good time/laugh/get along
but mostly shes just angry at everyone

idk how to get out. I work part time and in the last two weeksi think ive work six hours they just tell me not to come to work.

i have to pay her 300 a month because when i was 17 she put a down payment on my car as long as i paid on it monthly. its in her name... the loan is in her name...
so im stuck paying 300 on this car and i live off my finacial aid. i just cant afford an apartment

i want to get on the waiting list for SNAP and move out, but i'm afraid i wont be able to do it, to handle it, to afford it.

i REALLY need guidance, advice, PRAYERS etc

my boys are 14 months. idk how i would do it? pleaase i need some support :c

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• You need some support and a better job I would think. You CAN do it but you need a reliable job. I would start there. It sounds to me like your Mom is really stressed. Hang in there, take one step at a time but set a goal and get to interviewing in the new year.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• How are 14 month old babies abusive to eachother? Did I read something wrong? Sounds like you may need to give up the car and move out if it's that bad. When there is a will, there is always a way.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Honestly, you need to get a full time job. Something that is going to give you more hours for more pay. That way you can afford the 300 a month on the car and still be able to save money for a home. Whether it is to rent or buy in the future. If you need to put your boys in daycare, even if it is through Government assisted daycare, then do so. You're not going to be able to move out on a Part-time job. At all. You really should start teaching yourself financial indepdence now, because though government assistence can help it should never be the first choice. It should always be the last resort in a desperate situation. Now you and your mother may not get along, whoever's fault that may be, but right now it's important to save up while living there. This way you can get out on your own with money in your pocket, which will allow you better independence. You CAN do it if you allow yourself to believe you can.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Do you not have any friends that you could move in with? you guys could share rent. you could look in the paper for someone who is looking for a room mate. Perhaps someone from your church could take you in while you get on your feet.

I don't know how old you are, but I went in the military to put a roof over my head when I was homeless. Just an option. your kids would be very well taken care of if you join the military. If you have any questions about this option just let me know.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 11:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Nothing is impossible unless you allow it to be impossible. That is something I firmly believe in. You are capable of what achieving what you want as long as you work hard for it. So the first step is to get a full time job that will allow you more hours and more pay. Then start saving every dime that you can to insure that you have money to move and live on. Believe in yourself. Trust that you are capable of this. Not only for you, but for your children.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• im sorry sweetie your going threw this but you have to believe in yourself have faith just hang in there look for a better job take it one day at a time just worry about your kids & you can do it goodluck mama i hope everything goes your way honey
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2010