Who thinks teachers send home to much homework for 2nd 3rd graders?

meleia396

Asked by meleia396 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in

• I do, too. My son's one 3rd teacher would sent home 3 spelling worksheets to be done in one night, plus math, plus reading. It was ridiculous.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We do not have a lot of homework here. But parents are encouraged to work with their kids at home. Just to review concepts. Yes, there can be TOO much homework.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I do - it was INSANE when my kids were in grade school.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Not sure, but my kindergartner gets a lot of homework. I am shocked at how much they have to work on at home. It is good, but at the same time she doesn't like doing homework for 30 min. a day.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Not where we are. My DD gets one or two papers a night. She also has to read 10 minutes and do her math facts 3 times a week. I don't think that is to much.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I've taught both grades, and never sent an over load of HW home. I never felt that to be necessary.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No homework at all before 3rd grade here. And in 3rd it's very little. A few minutes/week.
    But for traditional/public schools I hear it is pretty bad overall.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Where are you doulala ?
    meleia396

Comment by meleia396 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thats the way it should be here! Help ,and encourage them to study. I think classrooms are to big these days, and teachers can't keep up with the work,so they send it home.I believe in the home/school connection ,but without all the pressure.My daughter looses recess and sometimes snack time if she dont finish all her homework.It can be to overwhelming for my daughters.More study,and less homework!!!!!!
    meleia396

Comment by meleia396 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I just finished homework with my 7 yr old .She had to do a spelling sheet, Math fact sheet,and then study her spelling words,and study her vocabulary words,and read for 10 min.
    meleia396

Comment by meleia396 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010