How many Baby showers?

I am pregnant with number 2 and I was just wondering if it is a common practice
to have baby showers for all of your pregnancies? I was under the impression that women generally just have a baby shower for #1 unless they get pregnant later down the road unexpectedly after getting rid of all of their baby stuff. I have had a few people ask me when the shower is and I have several friends who have had showers for their other babies 2-3 years after their first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I feel one is appropriate unless like to said you have an unexpected preganacy several years later.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 1:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• How many does one need? I was in the same situation but I had everything I needed. I told my girlfriends to get together and party and I'd sit and hang out. No need for gifts.
    Anonymous

• i just had one and i think that was plenty.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Honestly I have always thought that it was a little tacky to have more so soon after having your first baby because really you should have just about everything you need and if not you should be able to afford to buy what else you need because you aren't having to start from scratch again, but it seems like so many people do it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Depends on the person and their situation. If you don't have everything you need then a babyshower is a good thing. Otherwise just a get together to celebrate the baby could be fun, no presents need be given.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would want another baby shower, but in my situation, we are a military family so I didn't have any family around to come to/throw me a baby shower for my first, and I had a few friends at work who put together a small party but I didn't really get anything I needed, and I had to buy all the big things myself. I was pretty disappointed that my family didn't want to help out a little more (even with gift cards or something like that to help out with the big things) because they did a lot for my two brother's girlfriends (we all had babies within a year) but i understood. I would like a second baby shower if we are even remotely close to family when we decide to have another child, but I come from a family/community that throws a baby shower for each baby separately too.
    Jillian686

Answer by Jillian686 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i don't think it's tacky at all. you can also have a baby shower to celebrate the new addition.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have 3 kids and never had a shower.
    Mama2Boys0506

Answer by Mama2Boys0506 at 5:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2010