What can I do with my hair it reminds me of cotton candy :(

My hair has nice curls/waves to it but sometimes it tends to look dry if I were to lift some hair and let go it would stretch out and fall slowly oposse to it bouncing. My hair looks dry but my scalp is oily... Help me please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would suggest getting a Brazilian blowout. It's expensive but so worth it.

http://www.brazilianblowout.com/BeforeandAfter

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• how about you wash your hair so you can get the oil out & then blow dry it or flat iron it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would actually suggest that you use a clarifying shampoo about twice a week. That will rid your hair of the excess oil. Stay away from a moisturizing shampoo, but rather go with a volumizing shampoo. After you use the clarifying shampoo, you will have to use a good hair mask, which I always suggest It's a 10 Miracle Hair Masque. Also, stay away from products that contain alcohol. Use an oil treatment, such as Enjoy Hair and Skin Treatment Oil before applying a heat source to your hair. That will protect it, but again, it does not contain alcohol to cause further damage.  In my Blog, Hairspray Connoisseur, I have a post about hair healthy food.  You can try that as well.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Stay away from the Brazillian Blowout. As a professional given the information, they are recalling the products because they use formeldahyde and people are losing their hair. Try a keratin replacement system and a professional intense internal conditioning treatment. Also, what are you shampooing with? Most of the time, it's the root of the problem. If your shampoo is stripping the oils from your hair, your oil glands panick and make more.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• correction, not recalling, but salons are dropping the service do to many problems with it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would start by only washing your hair every other day, and brushing it out daily to distribute the oil. After a couple weeks, your hair will get used to it, and stop making as much oil at the scalp. I would start using a deep conditioner on the middle to the ends of your hair, and using a smoothing creme and a product to protect your hair from heat, and the blow it out straight with a large round brush.

Stop using products with alcohol in them, if you haven't already.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If your hair looks and feels dry, but your scalp is oily, your hair sounds like it's damaged.

Pay attention to how often you shampoo, the type of products you're using, and how often you condition & with what.

When you shampoo, you may want to limit the application of shampoo to your scalp; and just let the suds rinse through the length of your hair without lathering the hair. Once a week (or as needed) use a good clarifying shampoo on your scalp and hair, followed by a deep conditioner that is formulated for your hair type and the repair of whatever you do to it (color, heat style, whatever).

If you use heat styling (flat iron, hot rollers) be sure you ONLY, EVER use heated tools on clean hair. Also, protect your hair with a product designed to protect during heat styling. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Whip it up high!!!!

tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010