Have you ever bought your child something...

and couldn't wait for them to open it and play with it or use it because you wanted to play with it/use it too?

I am like that with most board games that we buy our son. I also bought tickets today to a hockey game. It's going to be an early Christmas present. Even though my son has been asking to go to a hockey game for awhile now, I feel like I am the one receiving the gift because I love going to hockey games!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 11:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I always love giving my kids their gifts. Sometimes I think I am more excited then they are and I can't wait for Christmas morning. This year my DD has been sick so I am praying she is home with us so it can be extra special.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes! In fact I used to have to hide them from my ex. I swear if they would have had the cool video games they do now, it would have never made it till Christmas!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Back in the day my parents did that with my sister's playstation (it was back when they where first coming out). They lied and said that they where borrowing it from a friend so they could play with it beforehand.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 11:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I just did that, lol I bought my son kinect for Christmas and “we've" been having a blast!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• YES! We bought my daughter a really nice toy kitchen for Christmas and I can't wait to play with it with her!! It comes with a lot of accessories, but I also bought a pot and pan set and a 80 piece food set....I feel like a little kid! The best part was like a month ago (a few days after we bought it), she was looking at a flyer and said "Mommy, I want this!" We're so excited to give it to her.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i aLWAYS cannot wait to play with toys. prolly why my son does so well on bdays and holidays - i still love toys and buy too many of them!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• no i forget some times what i bought for them mind you it is only two gifts each
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:07 AM on Dec. 6, 2010