Does anyone have a child with facial ticks?

A friend of mine has an 8 y/o who has developed a facial tick. She is a beautiful and normal 8 y/o in every other way but has developed this twitch in where she constantly wrinkles her nose. And we aren't just talking here and there this happens frequently in a matter of minutes. Have any of you had any experience with this at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• One of my friends went through this with her son - different tick, same thing. It is probably just anxiety. Her pediatrician told her & her husband not to ask about it, point it out, talk about it - because making him self-conscious would just make it happen more. Someone may ask or tease her about it but her parents pointing it out, telling her not to do it will only make it worse (not saying they're doing that - just mentioning). With my girlfriend, the tick comes up every once in a while, but at 11, her son has largely grown out of it - as the pediatrician said he would.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I haven't but I will give you a bump.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes my son has facial ticks around his eye. It is nothing to worry about usually, though if you're concerned take her to a doctor. :)
    paintedflowers1

Answer by paintedflowers1 at 6:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Bump from me too!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thank you for the bumps! They are very concerned and of course more than anything worried that other children will make fun of her for it. Any and all suggestions and help are greatly appreciated! Thanks again for the bumps!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2010