Is it really worth the try?

Im signing up for school today. Ya know those colleges that offer programs in medical field , paralegal, yadayada. Well im really tempted to go and sign up but the loan you need to get scares me .They say i would have 10 years to pay it off. But then again, im thinking, the programs they offer are enrty level postions. Thats all they teach you. Just entry level. Im just wondering, would it really be worth it , or am i going to come up short. Ive researched and there diefiantly is room for growth in those fields. Has anyone ever signed up for one?...what do you think?.. and, what could or would be my other options?..thanks..:)

aMbeR012005

Asked by aMbeR012005 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• I never signed up for one but if you do find yourself coming up short taking an at home job on the side would help. Find one that is BBB approved and has proven sucessful workers. Also make sure its something you can do with about one hour a day and be okay.
    heres my site it might help you dont have to sign up but look at it this might help you out a bit if you ever find yourself coming up short.
    www.themomteam.com/ShariCM
    Plus it has to be a job with lots of help with no charge.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 2:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Personally, I don't know if I would do it. Times are tough and I am not sure what is worth anymore. I found my passion in working from home and I love it. But if this is what your passion is for I hope it will work for you.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 2:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If you really want money in the medical arena, go to a traditional school and become a physical therapist, respiratory therapist, or a nurse.
    It is cheaper to go for your lpn or rn and many schools will grant you the money, or you can get a pell or state grant.
    Dont waste your time with the high priced online schools so you can wait for a job in transcription...that market is pretty saturated.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 3:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Have you looked into your local Community College? You may be able to qualify for grants from the government. They usually have all the same classes, but cheaper
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 3:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Definitely check with your local community college. They may have online courses that will train you for the same job at a fraction of the cost. Specialized schools are usually VERY expensive.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have never signed up for one but I dont not think that it is EVER a bad idea to go back to school...
    What could it hurt, its a good job and a garanteed pay check! Best of luck!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2008