Is it wrong that I don't want my hubby to go out..-especially be away from me,my 2 year old and new baby 2 weeks after the baby is born for a full weekend?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• No, not at all! A new baby makes things very overwhelming, and your husbands should see that. He should also be there helping you with your children, so that you can get some rest and help out around the house!

Answer by Deanna14 at 8:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• OMG no!!! He shouldnt even be asking imo!!! I mean really he needs to be HELPING YOU not running off for the weekend..its kinda selfish imo

Answer by AquamarineRose at 8:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• NO, I dont think that it is wrong! you are still recovering from having the latest addition to your new little family! He needs to be there and bond with the child as much as you do.

Answer by froghopper at 8:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It is not wrong to feel that way at all, but I am going to play devils advocate. This new family may be too much for him to handle and he needs a break. So do moms..we should take them more often. You did not mention wheter it was a trip for business or pleasure. If he has a choice...a week seems a bit long. Maybe a couple of days. Just make sure that you are taken care of . You need some help while he is gone. When he returns ....take yourself a break too!!! It is your turn. If you share with him the idea of taking turns with the kids alone...he may re-consider his choice to go away at all. Sometimes it takes a bit of their own medicine. good luck.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I understand how you feel. No, it isn't really wrong. I would talk to your husband and tell him how you feel.

Answer by Sonkissedpeach at 9:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• that soon after the baby is born i would like the idea of my husband going out for the wkend. however, if he wanted or needed a break going out w/ the guys for couple of drinks of whatever for the evening...thats fine. as long as he sees it the same way w/ giving u a break.

Answer by hammes_cj at 9:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• hahah not at all i hate when mine decides that after workn all day that he needs to go fishin or over to the neighbors house and not help me with our daughter and wonders why i get mad..but i couldnt imagine a whole would depend on what he was doing tho....i mean my daughter is 9 so's gma isnt doing good he was going to spend the night at her house to spend some times with her cuz all his other siblings n cousins got some time like that

Answer by mom_love07 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Well, I have to say that  'wrong' is a poor choice of words, it puts people into a judgemental frame of mind which is distancing. If you think in terms of who is right and who is wrong, you'll have a good excuse for a divorce in 3 years.

Will you feel abandoned and exhausted? Probably. Will you be angry? Almost certainly.

Wives often feel they are being clear in voicing their desires, but have never actually said 'I need this' or 'I want you to do this.' Men have a hard time picking up hints and oblique suggestions, particularly when they come with expectations like 'he should just know.'

If you'd like to be happy  tell him what you want, ask for what you need. I do think that the many more options than the 2 choices of either 'he goes' or 'he stays' though.

Answer by LindaClement at 11:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Um NO...just like a man trying to take a 'vacation' anyway just tell him that you need him & he can always go away when the both of you agree or something.

Answer by stylingmami at 1:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think it's incredibly selfish that he wants to leave you alone with two kids while you're still recovering from the birth..
    I'm guessing you have some marital problems which need addressing.

Answer by Liyoness at 9:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2008