son is three months do you know of anything I could do for his congestion besides steaming up the bathroom

adrianne800

Asked by adrianne800 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try putting something under one side of his mattress, so he sleeps with his head on a slight incline. This will help with drainage while he sleeps and make breathing easier. Also, you may want to run a warm or cool humidifier during the night. You can add Vicks Vapo-Steam to the warm humidifiers as an extra touch.
    Teacher_Momma

Answer by Teacher_Momma at 10:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I sat mine in the boncer at night! They slept much better in it than in the crib when all congested. Also Baby Ayr is good to spray in the nose. I got it at the pharmacy. I would do that and then about 5 min. later get the sucker and suck out a bunch of junk. Really do that after baby has milk. Hope this helps!
    twice2thefun

Answer by twice2thefun at 10:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Some one told me to buy that baby vicks and put alittle on their feet and put socks on and it worked for my daughter.
    Aliyahs_mom

Answer by Aliyahs_mom at 11:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I did all of the above along with tea-mint or chamomile to clear it up. It seemed to help, and the doctor told me to give her pedialyte. I thought she was too small but the dr. said to give her an ounce along with her milk (she was 2 months at the time).
    geronima2003

Answer by geronima2003 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Try to hold him upwards position than laying position. Lay on the side way rath than on his back. Good luck!
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• well wat you can do i know this will work cuz i do the same for my daugter rub there whole body in vicks feet legs arms kinda like putting lotion... jus use vikcs... and give him tyliol
    ladythorp

Answer by ladythorp at 8:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• They make a vicks you can add to your babies bath water. I do that and then I put some little noses saline drops in her nose , I let it be in there for a minute then suck it out. It seems to help. I also put the vicks on her feet and put socks on her.
    zlcjones

Answer by zlcjones at 11:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2008