Is there a saying that your mother used that you said you would never say, but now find yourself saying it?

For instance, my mother always said, "I'm not an octopus". Yup, I found myself saying it too.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my mom always use to say I have eyes in the back of my head and I did say it ")
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• "If your friends jumped off a bridge would you do it too?" LOL
    smiles551

Answer by smiles551 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes haha! My mom used to say she had eyes on the back of her head. I couldn't believe that came out of my mouth one day. I just busted out laughing at myself.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 1:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No. Happily my mom was far more creative than that... and so am I.

The one my children got tired of around Christmas was 'there sure are a lot of things to want...' in response to the endless 'I want that' from the commercials. They also got 'you should have selected nicer parents,' and 'because you got the mean mommy' a fair amount. But my mom never said things like that to me... she was sarcastic, just didn't repeat anything enough for me to remember them...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yep. " When YOU pay the bills.."
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 9:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• There were many things she said to us, but none that bugged me to where I swore I'd never say them. I say some of the same things she did.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 9:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I use the octopus saying too. Also the saying that your eyes are bigger than your stomach when they don't eat extra food they ask for.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• When you have a house of your own, I am going to come over and put my feet on your furniture and my hands on your walls. UGH
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010