Marriage licence???

We dont want a ceremony! We just want to get married. Is it easy to just sign a paper and your done? Can you do that?

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 1:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ya just go to the court house and there just gonna do a quick ceromony than your done. thats what i did
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 1:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• How much was it?
    Augusta

Comment by Augusta (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't think so. I think you have to at least go before a judge. It doesn't have to be formal.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• google arizona marriage license and call the county clerks office in the morning. The license costs $72, and you may or may not have to pay for the judge or a clerk to marry you.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thank you!
    Augusta

Comment by Augusta (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yeah, just call your local court house. We went and got our marriage license then called and set up a date at the court house, before the justice of the peace, and after maybe 10 minutes including signing paperwork and everything we were married! But everywhere has different ways of doing things, so call and find out how they do it where you live!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We got married in Vegas. We had to get a marriage license first. And yes you can just go to the court house and have a quick ceremony. My best friend did that. But you still need the marriage license. Congrats!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You have to find a judge first then go buy the marriage license it will be around $60-$70 range depending on where you live i live in texas so it was $66 dollars for me plus tax then you set a date and time with the judge and go in and get married at the court house ..Good Luck and Congrats when you get married :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:45 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Oh my license was only $45. lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i live in the state of ohio, with my first husband we went to the court house got our marriage license and then we went infront of the judge a few days later in his chambers and there is an extra charge to go infront of the judge as well and he has to do the vows. But that's the only way i know how to do it in the state of ohio. My mom did this as well ! but it might differ in other states.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2010