why does drinking soda make the baby move

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 1:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• caffine! probably?
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It's got sugar in it, and it's probably cold.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• (I don't know that anyone is suggested to drink that, it's too unhealthy.)

But on a rare occasion if a mom-to-be is having a hard time with her kick-counts she can be told to try drinking some juice because of the fructose.
    That sugar can give the baby a jolt and wake it up--
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• it has caffeine. sugar candy can also make a baby move. i ate half a bag of sugar candy one time and the baby would not stop kicking. i never ate candy again until after i had the baby. it hurt really bad.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Pop isn't all bad. My baby wasnt' kicking so my doctor gave me a sprite, which they had on hand. Then we tried again. But I do think water is best.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• soda is just fine if you dont over do it.....believe me, you dont want to be the parent of a kid that has never had a soda or a sweet. Mine act just like they normally do if they get to have some coke with dinner or get a lollypop, but I have seen kids that arent allowed such things steal a taste and go absolutely nuts! The sugar wakes your baby up and gets her moving when you have some soda....a good thing if you realize you havent felt movement in a while!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2010