has the attitudes and remarks from all moms democrate and republican made you think about staying on cafe mom?

FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS ESPECIALLY THE PAST TWO DAYS I FEEL LIKE THE WORST IN PEOPLE HAS BENN BROUGHT OUT IVE EVEN FOUND MY SELF RESPONDING TO POST AND Q & A WITH A DEFENSIVE AND SOMEWHAT QUICK TOUNGE I JUST WISH THAT THIS WOULD SUBSIDE SOON I LOVE CAFE MOM AND LATELY IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE THAT GREAT PLACE TO COME TO AFTER WORK OR WHEN I HAVE FREE TIME LIKE IT USE TO BE!

phoniex1

Asked by phoniex1 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah some of these chicks need to get over it..He won so live with it, there is no need for the bashing. seems like a lot of racists have came out the closet and the haters don't know what to do with themselves. I try to stay away from those posts because Iknow I have a smart mouth
    dcdmattison03

Answer by dcdmattison03 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• amen
    Anonymous

• Stop calling it a racist thing he's not even black..OMG maybe if he was I'd at least be some what excited that history really got made.
    Anonymous

• wow anon.2:39 get a grip history was made

Anonymous

• I am in total agreement with you. Im so sick of hearing about it. we need to move on.
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• What history, now he's black? during the campaign all you obama supporters would say was he's not even black. History was made all right for because we elected the least experienced biggest bag of bull and it was bought by a whole lot of americans, trust me i have a grip. This was not a race thing AT ALL. AND HE WAS NOT ELECTED BECAUSE HE WAS BLACK!
    Anonymous

• absolutely. i got hooked on this site because of the wonderful women i met here, but i have been thoroughly disgusted by the ignorance and hatefulness and disrespect i have seen, most of it on the political boards, but frankly throughout the posts - people asking questions and looking for advice and support get bashed. i must be an idealist to think that as mothers raising the people who will guide our future that we actually care about what we teach our children, that as women who have the freedom to speak out the way we do now that we would prove ourselves respectful and worthy, that as the "nurturers" in society that we would uplift each other instead of trying to tear each other apart.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• THANK YOU FIGARO8895 FOR ANSWERING THE QUESTION

phoniex1

Answer by phoniex1 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Anon 2:39- He is Biracial. Which means consisting of or the combining of 2 races. Since he has one parent that is african american(black) and one that is caucasian(white). Wouldn't that mean that he shares both races? black and white equally? You can't really say he isn't black anymore than you can say he isn't white. How can 1 exist in him without the other? And history was in fact made. I can't recall there ever being a biracial president. If so I'd think it would have been brought to the light by now.
    Anonymous

• btw... i bet if you ask obama, & most other biracial people, he considers himself black. historically people with color in their ancestry do. plus, not that he is racist himself, he married a black woman. there are very few 100% black people in this country thanks to our history. this is a historic moment for our country, proving that the majority are not ignorant fools & can get beyond race and judge a man for his character instead of color. let's embrace that & not pretend it doesn't matter, because i'm pretty sure him being the first black president is a big deal to black people, as it should be. yup, his mom was white & he was raised by a white grandma. thankfully they weren't focused on stupid ideas about race & just loved him for who he was. racism is an irrational fear and hatred based on skin color - something none of us choose. but we do need to recognize that this is historic because of history... got it now?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008