What to do about my daughter's cold room???

We live in an apartment, and our daughter's room gets cold at night. We can't leave the heater on all night because our entire place would get way too hot, what should we do?

She's got blankets in her crib, we do turn the heater on before we go to bed for about an hour but by the morning her room is cold again. She doesn't seem to mind, but it bugs me to know that she might be chilly at night!

Anyone have any ideas? Are there any kinds of space heaters that have cycles to where they're on for half an hour, then off for an hour, or anything like that? An electric blanket is out of the question...

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We have two small electric room heaters. We got them at Walmart. We can set them to a temperature and they come on and off to maintain that temp. Also, do you have those one piece blanket sleepers with feet for your baby? She can wear them over her pj's for added warmth. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Do the other rooms get cold? Mabey you could put a box fan at or near her door and it would push warmer air in there? That's what we do here at my house to circulate air..
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• What about connection the heater to a timer. That way you can choose when you want it on and off. Make sure no blankets, softtoys or other stuff could fall on it.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm assuming there are windows in the room - drape blankets over them. I know it blocks out light, but for a few months, it can be worth it. When my first was still a baby, we had the same situation - apartment and the only room that was "right" for the baby got really cold. So, we tacked comforters over the windows and it probably kept the room a good 8 to 10 degrees warmer.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Use a small ceramic heater. I enclosed my garage to make him a room. The heater is on the other end of the house, so his room doesn't get as warm as the rest. I just put him one in there for when it gets cold. It is safe to leave on when she goes to bed.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Put blankets in closets and drape windows. It makes the room warmer and takes away the draft.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i would do a wearable blanket for her, and like the pp said if the windows are drafty fix that. i would be really scared of doing any kind of space heater. i suggest using a warm mist humidifier (vaporizer). it makes the room feel very comfortable even at a lower temperature. it also keeps their nasal passages nice and moist and they will not get as many sniffles during the cold/flu season.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Put plastic over her window that will keep any drafts from getting in.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 9:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2010