smoking marijuana/weed or drinking alcohol ..which is worse in your opinion and why?

san78

Asked by san78 at 5:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The only devestating side effect of MJ is hunger....it will make you fat...LOL!

If you take legality out of the situation, alcohol is so much more dangerous. So, if we're talking health wise...alcohol will kill you, MJ won't even come close. Also, not many people know that alcohol is the ONLY drug that can kill you from withdrawal. Yes, you can actually DIE from alcohol withdrawal. Even herion won't do that.

BUT, MJ will get you in jail & that is not a good thing.

Once MJ is legal (which it will be eventually, more & more people are becomming less ignorant about it) everything will change. Looking forward to the day that our country benefits off of something that billions of people are already buying on the black market.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Kim, alcohol is far more dangerous for your health than marijuana is and alcohol is LEGAL. There are medical benefits to marijuana, such as relieving the pain for those suffering from chronic pain. It has also been shown to reduce nausea in chemo patients.

How is either one of those uses more dangerous than alcohol? For that matter, exactly HOW is marijuana MORE dangerous than alcohol? Really curious about why you feel this way.

It is not a "gateway" drug. I guarantee there are people that you know that smoke it. Yes, there are people out there who abuse it and there always will be. People abuse alcohol, cigarettes, OTC meds, prescription meds, even food ... you name it and someone will be abusing it somewhere.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think anyone who uses alcohol or pot to feel better, mask pain and to have fun are pathetic. [anon]
    -----------------------------------
    You obviously have never been around anyone who is in constant pain because their body has turned against them. They did not bring it on themselves and they ARE NOT PATHETIC. Such an arrogant and ignorant statement to make.

I wish my state and the federal government would at least make pot legal for prescription use. It has been proven over and over and over by the medical community that it does indeed help many medical conditions, especially chronic pain.

My husband would greatly benefit from using it. He barely took ANY medications, maybe when a migraine would hit until he was injured at work and the 24/7 headaches started. Then we have the tumor on his spinal nerves that disabled him. Guess you consider that pathetic too, huh?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Alcohol is a lot worse than weed. People die from drunk driving, alcoholism, liver failure, etc all the time. Nobody dies from using marijuana. :-]
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 7:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It depends on how much they're being used, in my opinion. Either in moderation is ok, but of course weed isn't legal (which I think is ridiculous, since alcohol is). Again, just my opinion on the subject.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• SpiritedWitch, THANK YOU for your post. I couldn't have put it better myself.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Marijuana does not rot the brain. It has been used for medical purposes since the dawn of time. There are no studies that show that marijuana has any devastating effects. Alcohol on the other hand rots your liver.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'd say it is a tie. Marijuana is not legal, alcohol is. However they both have devastating effects.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Well, marijuana becasue it is illegal. Whether you agree with it or not it still is, so why take the chance of getting caught? Besides that, both need to be used sparingly and in moderation.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Alcohol is ruining a lot of lives.I think it is much worse.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2010