Fellow witches, I'm not one to "spell beg" but I need some advice, please

My husband gave me a necklace a couple of years ago and it's gone missing. I've looked everywhere, and I'm about to try my cards and pendulum and meditation to try to figure out where it might be, but just in case, does anyone have any advice for creating a spell to find a lost object? I've attempted a couple in the past for other things, but had no success. Any tips are greatly appreciated! I have no idea why I've had so much difficulty with this type of spell, since most of my others have worked perfectly, but for some reason it's just not working out for me :(

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 5:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I now invoke all creatures with wings and sight,
    help me find a lost object so dear,
    I request the Fae and dragons of all
    help return my lost(your object)
    Once and for all
    So mote it be
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I've never been able to accomplish a spell to do that. However, I find that most of my things that are missing have been taken by the Fairies, especially important or shiny things. Combine those with special jewelry and you're kind of screwed LOL. I lost my wedding ring for almost a year, I finally found it, on the day we re-newed our vows so that he could give me the new ring properly.

It was in a glove. One that I had turned inside out, multiple times, in front of witnesses. *sigh* Fucking fairies.

Sometimes I find that if I really need something (car keys are a favorite of theirs) that if I just close my eyes and shout "PUT IT BACK!!!" I will find it within minutes. Perhaps try that?
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• in my experience items lost can not be found unless you stop looking for them completely.. or you decide to reorganize your entire home.. I generally do both! I simply just do a home blessing every few months and reorganize everything.. allot of times I find things and it is like christmas morning when I do. A few months ago I misplaced my jewelry box with all of my high end pendants in it.. including my diamonds! I searched and searched.. and even got an idea that our friend may have pawned them because he was poor.. I looked in all of my drawers and everything.. even asked the gods for help.. but it wasn't until I emptied all my drawers and re folded things and organized them super clean that I found it.. and it was in a drawer that I had looked like 10 times! it was inside a sock in my sock drawer!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• OOH! Pnwmom, that's pretty! *writing it down for future use*
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Im dont know a spell (sorry) but when things get moved like that in my house, I start asking the spirits to return it if they moved it. Sometimes they like to play games, other times its to get my attention. Try looking again. Ask the spirit(s), fairies, or guide(s) questions, and keep scribing.

And try pnwmom's spell. (I know I will in the future) THANX pnwmom.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I dont know of any spells but I hope you can find it!! I went through this as well with a necklace that my stepmom gave me just before she passed and I couldnt find it. Although I couldnt find it and then we moved and it just showed up on the bathroom counter...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I've never had a problem with the fae taking things, so much as a mischevous ghost who liked to get my attention. Asking for things back nicely always helped. The missing item often appeared back in plain sight when I left the room and returned.

If it was the fae, maybe a trade would work? When I wanted to give the fairies something in return, I always left out a few shiny coins, a saucer of milk and a bit of honey and bread.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have to say THANK YOU for this post. I have a spirit here that likes to hide things and it had not crossed my mind during this entire time that we have been looking for the power cord to our P3. I may even try pnwmom's spell as I was also having problems with coming up with something. *sigh*

Good Luck in finding your necklace. Thought of something ... do you have kitties in the house? They tend to like shiny things as well. I'd check their favorite hiding places.

I have to share this ... my 8th grade teacher used to have a theory that when something went missing, it was the "Hairy Fairy" that had hide it. When the Hairy Fairy sits on an object, it is invisible to humans. She used to say "Hairy Fairy, move your hairy hiney and give it back!" and she would find what she was looking for.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• As a Christo-Pagan, I can think of only one solution:

Call on St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost things:

Spin around in a full circle in the room that you last recall seeing the item and say:

"Tony, Tony, come around,
    Something's lost and can't be found."

Every time I've done it, the object has been found within the next moon cycle.
    meganbearden

Answer by meganbearden at 7:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I was going to suggest wearing a amulet bag with vervain but YIKES that stuff is a little stinky. I will keep looking
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2010