Nook Color Vs. Kindle?

My SO is finally picking up on all my hints, and getting me an e reader. Now i really didn't have a prefernce. For one the e readers can be very expensive, and i just wanna be able to read books. I don't need it to be all "fancy dancy".
I have been hearing mixed reviews on both, does anybody have one or the other? Any opinions would be great. Thanks ladies :-)

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 7:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Technology

• Consumer reports say any of the kindles are better than the nook. I'm getting the Kindle.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have had my Kindle for a year, and I love it. I wouldn't get a color reader, I'm guessing it would be hard on the eyes. (Like a computer monitor). My Kindle's display looks almost like paper, I can read for hours without eye strain.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If I did a Nook, I'd do the regular Nook not the Color Nook.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:57 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I just got my Kindle a month ago, it is the one with free 3g and I love it! I have heard from people who do have the nook that they wish that they had gotten a Kindle instead,
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Kindle and I love it.....I do not understand the idea of a back-lit screen on an e reader I thought the whole idea was for it to look like a book page. LOVE LOVE my Kindle!
    Akimcole

Answer by Akimcole at 1:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010