nothing was stirring not even a mouse NOT!!

So I'm so confused I keep a VERY clean house but this morning my husband woke up and told me he saw a mouse while he was getting ready for work. Thinking he was kidding I brought my daughter in our room for our morning cartoons in my bed when I hear squeaking Yuck! so I have all three dogs in my room right now lol but what are Some safe ways to get rid of indoor mice!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It's not because your house is dirty at all. They just look for shelter and warmth when it gets cold. Set some traps. My son likes the sticky kind. We use the regular spring loaded kind. If you know where they come in put some steel wool in those areas. And we used to put Decon in our garage where we knew no child/animal could get to it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:17 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am having the same problem! OMG! I was sick to my stomach when I saw a mouse in our house. I went on a cleaning spree and we set traps, but we keep getting the dang mice! We have even come up with names for these little critters. I think the last name we came up was Rodolfo. LOL I think we have it taken care of now, but ick! I use to love the movie "Ratatouille", but not anymore!
    smiles551

Answer by smiles551 at 8:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• traps filled with peanut butter ,or find the hole and cover it i have lived in this house for 9yrs and only had one mouse ,we have cats so they stay away,other thing that works is use bounce dryer sheets ,they don't like the smell ,moth balls also keeps them away but whatch where you put them since you have small child ,sticky pads work to and mouse house ,they walk in and don't come out ,there is other stuff out there just go to local hardware store they will help and good luck
    ps,just because your house is clean does not mean they won't come in it is winter,and they want the warm so where is it warm in your house ,and if see one you will get more at two weeks old they can make more yuk but true
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have no idea why it marked anon anyways I'm so tired but terrified to go back In my room even for a sweater
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I prefer the traps where you don't have to see the mouse. But dh and I are both giant pansies when it comes to mice. They creep us both out big time. The spring traps are okay. We use honey with those, but the mice we were battling were somehow smart enough to eat the peanut butter off without springing the trap. But I'm kinda weird about the sticky traps. I don't mind killing the darned things, but sticky traps just seem cruel. We used to use sticky traps at the daycare I worked at, and one morning the assistant director and I found one with a mouse on it that had basically tore it's own head open trying to escape. There were little mousy brains exposed and everything. That was the only time I ever felt sorry for the creepy little buggers. Haven't used sticky traps since.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• With smaller children I would use the traps that are completely enclosed and just spin and snap shut. That way there is no chemicals or chance of your kiddos and pets getting stuck to paper or fingers caught in traps.
    Winter1derland

Answer by Winter1derland at 8:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• well, i'm guessing you don't have a cat lol. like the pp said....it doesn't mean your house is dirty....it's cold outside and they are looking for shelter. they have alot of the enclosed traps now. you don't have to look at anything and you simply throw it away once it's done. but gl and if you have any friends who could lend you their cat i would go with that option lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We have 3 dogs but their pansies loL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If you can find the hole, plug it with steel wool - they don't like to chew steel wool. And mice don't equal dirty...they equal opportunity.....as in it saw an opportunity for a dry warm home and took it.

http://www.orthohomedefense.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp;jsessionid=881E39FDA422808C2B73787E21B4F65A?proId=prod10230002&itemId=cat50086

Ortho Home Defense has no touch enclosed traps.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2010