Christmas newsletter....What do you think?

I was thinking of putting a little newletter in our Christmas cards this year. You know a page updating everyone on what has been going on this past year. What do you think? Do you hate them or love them?

If it matters we live about 1200 miles away from my family, and his family lives the next state over, but we see them about once a year. It isn't like I would be sending these to people who we see everyday.

mom2queenie2004

Asked by mom2queenie2004 at 8:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I feel as though it would be a thoughtful thing to do for your families because of the distance and how often you see them.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think it is a great idea and a way to stay connected.

Answer by older at 8:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I've seen good newsletters and really bad ones, if done correctly I think it's thoughtful in your situation. (The bad ones I've seen are pretty boastful, and overall uninteresting.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have seen many newsletters and I like the ones that are chatty, warm,friendly and newsy. I don't like the ones that seem to be self-promoting, bragging, boastful and worded to make everyone else feel bad.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I love them! I used to mark milestones with my child in them (when he was younger).

People saved them. Buy some festive stationary. Good luck!

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 9:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I enjoy getting them, but I do know people who get irritated when they receive them because they dont want to be bothered to read it. But I say go ahead and take the step to stay connected with those you care enough about to reach out to. If they don't want to read it, it's their loss on staying connected.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 9:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Everyone I ever got spoke of how great DH job was going, what genius' DS and DD are, and how life as a SAHM is really her cup of tea.. They're very annoying. If you can find a way to keep updated without being pretentious do it, but it's a fine line so be careful.
    Mostly the letters are just jokes about how great life is, once when I was about 13 dad was so sick of getting them that he wrote up his own about how miserable his job was, how mom had been working her A$$ off just to make ends meet, how my brother had just wrecked the car, and I was earning a C average. We brought it to Christmas and had my grandparents, aunts and uncles read it, they were in tears it was so funny.
    Winter1derland

Answer by Winter1derland at 10:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My life is pretty great, I am happy, DH job is going much better than before and anything I say about my kids is definately going to be wonderful. So maybe I will be one of the ones no one wants to read?
    mom2queenie2004

Comment by mom2queenie2004 (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I like the idea. It beats sending out long letters to everyone
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think they are a great idea. I do one every few years. All of our family live close but I have friends that live out of state. I tried every year and there just wasn't enough news for that so I changed it to every few years.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2010