what to but

I am going to the store today and i want to start eating right so i can loose weight but i dont want to spend alot..... what should i but and dose anyone know some healthy dinners to make.... i have a 2 year old so its got to be kid friendly.... thanks for your help I want to loose weight real bad so I am going to do all that i can but i dont want to take pills

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• i would stay away from fried foods obviously :) pastas breads.....eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. you can even buy some ice ice cream fruit and make some smoothies and stuff... im sure your little one will love those also :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• What what in the butt? K, making fun of you!

A good one is always natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread.
    Also half a whole wheat bagel topped with a thin coating of veggie cream cheese and fresh baby spinach.

You can make whole what tortilla roll ups using baby spinach, deli meat, and low fat cheese. Also you can do tuna and baby spinach for a roll up as well.

Oatmeal is always a great option. Homemade smoothies using vanilla yogurt, soy milk &frozen berries (cheap) is yummy and nutritious.

I lost 110 lbs a few years back using these ideas.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• haha butters!

:)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I am so glad I am not the only one that went there with that. Thanks for making me feel normal ladies. Aside from that, get those little prepackaged snacks so you don't overdo it there. Common sense really is all you need. Purchase half whole fat milk and cheeses and half low fat. You may have to use different milk in the cereal or cheese on the sandwiches, but it will make a difference and you don't have to worry about the kiddo losing nutrition he may need. Fruits and veggies, and when you buy them, cut them right away into sticks or chunks so when you get the 3 oclock hunger attack you don't have to choose between grabbing the cookies now or cutting up the canteloupe and having it in five minutes.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Hummus with pita bread...My 2 year old loves it!
    We make avocado dip too.
    String cheese, apples and peanut butter.
    Do you have a Trader Joes by you? They have great prices and healthy food.
    My daugher and I eat a lot of organic yogurt with fruit sliced up in it. I buy a lot of frozen, sugar free fruit.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 6:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I am not on Weight Watchers, but they have some pretty good cookbooks that I use. One is called "Take out Tonight" which consists of fast easy meals that are usually tasty. I would shop the perimeter of the store as that is where they keep the healthy fresh stuff...interior is filled with processed garbage that you don't need to eat.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008