what can i do?

im 38 weeks, 75% effaced 3cm dialated, what can i do to speed this up?

mrsgreene

Asked by mrsgreene at 2:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sex i hear is good the sperm helps induce u
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 2:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Relax Mommy..I know you are tired of feeling huge, you want to see your feet and you want to hold your baby. He/she will come when it's time. If you are already 75% effeaced your labor may indeed be a relatively short one. There is no guarantee your babys lungs are quite ready. Take this time to make meals ahead and freeze them. Finish that book or movie you've wanted to finish and rest as much as possible. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• In nursing school, for the small amount of time I was in my labor and delivery rotation, I had learned that those birthing balls AKA exercise balls are a god way to speed up the process. Go buy one, have your man blow it up and BoUnCe BoUnCe BoUnCe !!!!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2008