Is it possible to not be able to focus to the point of not being able to daydream?

Lately I can focus on anything. I message my friend most of the day and sometimes if she waits a while to respond I have no idea what she's talking about. And I am constantly getting up and doing a billion things but not what I got up for. Even while driving I get distracted. But anyways I know this is weird but every night to go to sleep I turn on the radio and make stories up to the songs in my head until I fall asleep. Usually takes only 15 minutes or so. But last night I couldn't even focus on that and it took me at least an hour to go to sleep. I think I might be going crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Health

• Not crazy, hormones can do that to you as well. Going through that now and dr said it's normal as my hormones are changing

Answer by admckenzie at 8:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't think you're going crazy, and it doesn't surprise me at all that difficulty focusing would impact ability to focus on a daydream. Are you pregnant? Are you taking a new medication? Are you stressed about something? Does this problem seem to match up with any hormonal changes, like pp said? I would focus (no pun intended lol) on two things: 1. mitigating the effects of your trouble focusing, and 2. finding the source of the problem. So for example for 1 I would try to think of ways to make sure you don't forget something important, or maybe start making lists to help you remember stuff, or maybe change something so you can focus better; and for 2 I would think about my questions above and other things that might be causing this. Good luck to you mama!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Nothing has changed recently.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Perhaps a visit to your doctor would be a good idea. There can be any number of reasons why your focus/concentration is out of whack. Hormones, anxiety, depression, & Adult Attention Defecit Disorder, just to name a few. Have you always had a problem focusing/concentrating, just not as severe as you described above? Your dr can ask you questions we on here may not know to ask, so make an appt & see what they say.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I recommend a visit with your physician.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010