i am 5 weeks pregnant and i am pretty sure i have a uti

I don't go to my OB until the 16th of this month. I keep having a little discomfert in my private area nothing really bad and not all the time, but every once in a while I feel like I have to pee when I don't. I try to go and very little comes out or none. What can I take or drink to help until I go to the doctor? I don't have the money to go to the doctor until the 16th. I have no way to go to my OB until my dh takes me because I don't drive and my family doctor I can walk to since it is right down the road from me, but he says he doesn't take payments (I already called them and asked them).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Start drinking a lot of cranberry juice, it's good for you and will not hurt your baby. Also lots of water.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You need, first of all, to call your OB and get your appointment moved closer - a UTI can be dangerous if you're pregnant, especially so early. Your DH needs to man up and take you - don't let him tell you no because waiting that long could be bad - better to go early and get treating it, than wait and have it go to your kidneys!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• cranberry juice works great for getting rid of mild uti
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Cranberry juice can help with the symptoms, and be sure to stay hydrated with lots of water. But I agree that you need to get to the doctor as soon as possible. A UTI left untreated can quickly become a kidney infection. And it can cause all kinds of problems with the pregnancy. Go to the OB, since I think there are some antibiotics you shouldn't take while pregnant.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Cranberry Juice can mask the symptoms in some cases and make you think it's gone when it's really not, but it can help until you get medical treatment. Try to get your appointment moved up, tell them you have a UTI
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Cranberry juice helps ALOT
    MaybeMommy1994

Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• well like everyone says cranberry juice and get checked out, if the doctor wont see you go to the emergency room they will diagnose you with uti if that is what you have just make sure to tell them you are pregnant so that you get the right type of antibiotics. Good luck to you.
    Brycensmommy512

Answer by Brycensmommy512 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010