Who's excited for the Wikilleaks dump on Bank of America?

I realize Wikileaks is having some trouble at the moment but since i first heard about the potential dump on Bank of America i've been drooling.

I think Assange, as a person, is complete tool, but I'm a big fan of info sharing and support net neutrality.

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 9:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Considering Assange has failed to redact names before and is more interested in getting attention than he is in protecting people's privacy, I think anyone who has ever had a BoA acct should be worried about what all he may include in that dump. He's revealed the names of informants to the Taliban, think he'll think twice about revealing the names of acct holders facing foreclosure proceedings?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think he is a douche and when he leaks documents that have your social security number on them you won't find his info sharing quite so cute.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have no sympathy for people whose greed got them sucked into the long con. Like me neighbors who both quit working, lived off credit cards, and refinanced their house annually to pay off their credit cards. NO SYMPATHY. A little light reading 18 months ago could have told us all what was coming.
    Yes, I am happy this information is coming out. Hopefully this will once and for all debunk the corporatocracy myth that a handful of poor people taking advantage of a loose credit market could take down the entire global economy.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I also issue with not removing the names, certainly when it endangers peoples lives.

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, I think he and the guy(s) that leaked the info should be hung in the public square.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

He is probably not going to redact names and other info too many to do that. This guy is crazy and is doing this because he is crazy. So if you have a BOA account might want to get a credit monitor when he does dump the data. He probably has information from other banks and other areas so I would imagine no one is safe from this nut now. I am all for knowing facts but there are somethings that should be protected citizens privacy is one thing that should never be leaked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Assange is a terrorist plain and simple anyone who looks at his site and supports him is no different than someone who support Al Quida.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Assange is akin to a cyber terrorist, IMO. He deserves no kudos. His actions cause potential threats and potential harm to others. What good or excitement could come from a man such as him?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I agree with the assessment that he's a cyber-terrorist, that's exactly what he is. He is using "free speech" and "the right to know" to endanger Americans. This latest leak, should it come to fruition, is sure to contain information that will again harm Americans. He had no issue putting informants lives in danger, I'm sure he would have no issue with publishing SSN's, addresses, etc.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:17 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The guy is good for nothing. What he is doing is disgusting and he should be in prison. I really wonder what other countries would do if someone in America just started leaking all their confidential (and not) to the world. Free speech my ass.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2010