does this look like pink eye (picture)

If not then what does it look like?  her eye is watery.  Sometimes tears run down her face.  It was really red, but not so much now.  She has had this sinse yesterday morning.  Under her eye is puffy and an pink.  this morning it was so swollen that it looked like she was quinting, but it was here eye swollen.  It isn't like that anymore though.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My daughter just got over pink eye and it looked just like that
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes it does!

Answer by older at 9:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would call the doc, of course you know that..lol. If you look in the inside of the bottom lid is it red ? Usually if the inside of the lid is red it can mean pinkeye...but i am not a health care professional, only speaking from past experiences w/my daughter
    Nonie73

Answer by Nonie73 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Don't let them play with the same toys. Disinfect hands. Use seperate towels. Disinfect everything.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• she did have a clogged tear duct when she was 8 months old and had surgery on it. I didn't know if it might be her getting that back again, pink eye, a cold in her eye. But I can't take her to the doctor until dh gets off of work.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• if it is how do I keep her from spreading it to her 5 year old sister? And the rest of us?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• ok so I called the doctor and they are going to see if they can just call something in, but is it contagious until it is completely gone or just until she is on medication? They are going to try to call some eye stops in for her.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Definitely looks like pink eye. As far as keeping it from spreading: Wash your hands a lot! Wash your hands whenever you come in contact with her, or anything she has touched. Make sure your 5 yr old does the same. Disinfect toys, surfaces, etc. regularly. After she's done with them, and try not to let her share toys with her sister. It can spread from surface contact. She touches something, then you or other dd touches it behind her, then rub eyes, touch face, etc., and it spreads to you.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yeah, it looks like like pink eye. Make sure she washes her hands ALOT. We had it, I kept purell around and any time someone touched their face, they had to use purell.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• ok thanks everyone I called her doctor and they called in eye drops for her without having to even see her
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010