Need to sell my jewelry to help with our finances...

I can not think of any other way to help us with our finances.

What is the best way to sell them? Ebay, personal website, pawn shop? Where would I get the most money?

What I want to sell is a sterling silver cross pendant, a pair of sterling silver earrings, a pair of tricolored dangle earrings, two gold bangle bracelets, a sapphire(lab created) & diamond white gold ring and a diamond double heart yellow and white gold ring.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• ebay is a good one but done set the price to low in fact go see a jewler and see what they would say its worth before you sell it.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 2:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Hate to burst your bubble but you are going to get hardly anything for your jewelry :( You would think that it would be worth something but it is not. If you take it to a jeweler or pawn shop they may take it off of your hand for a few dollars.

If you get lucky they may weigh the gold and at least pay you decently for that but don't think that you are going to get enough to pay a single bill :( not even a trip to Mc Donalds.

Ebay will be no better. In fact the best option would be to hold on to your stuff and find another way to figure out your finances.

To give you an idea as to what I am talking about. When I got divorced I had my wedding set that my hubby and I paid almost $10,000 for. The most I could get for it was $100. I ended up giving it away to my sister instead for her wedding.

My first engagement ring that we had purchased, we bought for $3000 and I was offered only $50 for it.

Blah.... right?
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I had a friend that tried to pawn her fiancees ring. I was silver with these gorgeous diamonds. If I can recall correctly, they paid $7000 for the set. She got $50 for her two rings and the dealer offered her $30 for his. I bought it from her and gave it to my husband as an anniversary gift for $60. Maybe try those gold to cash ads you see on tv? I doubt you will get much for it anyway though.
    Anonymous

• Shoul I try to trade my jewelry for things that we need: food and clothes?
    Anonymous

• Oh, I am sorry to hear that. Why don't you send me a message and and I might be able to help you.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 3:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Be careful sweetie. You wont get much for your jewelry, but there are a few gals on here that are desparate and selling their plasma. Message me and I will tell you more about it. You can get about 180 a month or more doing this, and you keep your jewelry.
    Tell me a little more about your situation privately and I will do what I can for you.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 4:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• This is a suggestion... Since you know how to use the internet quite well.... Why don't you start selling AVON online to get extra income. It's as easy as putting in a post!!! No gas,, no books to buy, no face to face sells.......Let me know what you think about it. www.youravon.com/dustydunn
    DustyD.

Answer by DustyD. at 8:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Why sell your jewelry? You can sell wholesale jewelry a piece at a time and make great money.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008