If you are actively breastfeeding and sexually active can you get pregnant?

Are you allowed to use bc while breastfeeding. I'm not looking for another baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Health

• Yes, you can still get pregnant. Talk to your doctor about safe birth control options unless you just want to use condoms.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You can take the mini pill while breastfeeding, talk to your OB... YES you can get pregnant, we have 2 boys that are 13 months apart.... I got pregnant while breastfeeding, although we weren't trying to prevent it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You absolutely can get pregnant under those circumstances. As for birth control, it depends on the type as to whether or not it will affect you milk supply. If you're serious about breastfeeding, condoms plus spermicide are the smartest, safest choice.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes you can! Ask your Doctor about BC, or go to Kellymoms.com(I think that's the site) and ask.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 9:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes> Talk to your Dr. about the mini pill or a IUD like Mirena. I have the IUD and breastfed for 16 months after I got it with no problems. It protects for 5 yrs and can be removed earlier if you want another child sooner. =o)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• YUP! You can still get pregnant while breast feeding. As far as birth control: every woman is different. There are some low hormone methods that are safe while breast feeding, but they effect everyone differently. What worked for me may mess with your supply. (I have the mirena, and successfully breast fed dd for 17 months with no problems). Talk to your OB, and in the mean time, use condoms, a diaphragm, or some other non hormonal method just in case.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• of course you can get pregnant
    never heard of that until my doctor told be after the delivery that I should not think that I cant get pregnant only because I am breast feeding.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• yes you can get pregnant. Breastfeeding is NOT birth control
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes you can get pregnant even if you are breastfeeding. There are several forms of birth control that are compatible with breastfeeding. Make an appointment with your doc or a family planning clinic to select the best BC option for you.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• yes you can.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 5:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010