Are there services that will help me get the stuff i need?

I need a bassinet, carseat, baby clothes etc. . . for the new baby asap but i don't have enough money to get that stuff before February. Is there a service i can go to for this stuff?

mommyrebecca

Asked by mommyrebecca at 9:45 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• WIC has $20 carseats that are brand new. Other than that check in with your DHS office, they would know. Good luck. Oh, and you can post a cry for help on Craigslist. I did that one time and all sorts of people came to my aide. =o)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Your local wic office can help with the carseat. Otherwise hit goodwill or the salvation army.
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Have you tried these places yet?-- Craigslist, Salvation Army, Pregnancy help center, Catholic Charities, local churches, Lutheran Social Services, United Way--- some of these places may not be able to help you (in giving you things you need) but they may be able to refer you to places that can help.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• In our area we have a free website called "......"freecycle.com just insert the closest town or city name near you and it should take to one. You can ask for things you need and other people also offer things here that they want to give away. everything is free and usually in great shape. You would not believe what some people ask for.. the sky is the limit. Just make sure to have a public spot or someone with you when you arrange pick-up
    cris1961

Answer by cris1961 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• check all the places previously named. it's the holiday and people usually are very generous this time of year
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would definitely suggest CraigsList. Someone posted on there that they needed a basinett, and I just happened to have one in my basement. I told her it was free if she could come and pick it up.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 3:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Do not get a used car seat unless you know the person you got it from and know it has not been in an accident and check the epiration date on the bottom
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• www.cradle.org

Anonymous