Switching from Lovenox to Heparin?

I was put on Nifedipine for contractions. I've not been at a real risk for preterm labor just getting contractions, Well my doctor decided to switch me from Lovenox to Heparin which makes me nervous, the fact of just switching. That's my question I have a version of antiphlosipid syndrome, I've never actually had a blood clot. I know it does not cross the placenta so does not directly affect the baby, I think. But does switching put me at any risk of losing the baby if it's not the right dosage or anything. I was on 40/0.4ml of Lovenox and I'll be starting 5000 units of Heparin. I know it's common to switch from Lovenox to Heparin but at like 36 weeks, I'll be 30 on
I know you can't have a epidural on lovrnox but is there anything else when you go into labor on lovenox?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Girl, you are high risk all around! The nurse in me tells you to not listen to any advice you receive on this question from Cafe Mom. Talk to your doc about this. It is a complex question and you are talking about the life of you and the life of your baby.

Good luck!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008