Ultrasound Tech was unsure, anyone want to help me guess??

She marked it as boy because she said she saw this (what she'd marked).. 

But then at times it was like this ..

kayduke0212

Asked by kayduke0212 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the 1st is def. a boy... the 2nd has me confused... although it could have been a fist down there or a thumb... Hell if I know...LOL!
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 9:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• hmm, looks like a girl to me especially in the second photo. how far along are you? two out of my three pregnancies, they thought it was a boy at 16 weeks. went back at 24 for 3d sono's and they were for sure girls lol. girls usually have "three lines" and boys have "two".
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Looks like a girl to me in the 2nd pic. The first pic could very well have been a fist or elbow. But good luck guessing!!!! Have you looked at the Chinese Conception Chart? It was right on with every one of my 3 kids!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm 21 weeks, she even said it had the lines but she was so unsure. I'm wondering if maybe it was the cord that kept getting in the way? I have a video recorded (the ones they do for you) and I watched it at home, the thing comes and goes LOL.
    kayduke0212

Comment by kayduke0212 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The Chinese Chart said Girl.. and everything about this pregnancy "signs & symptoms of a girl" are right on it..
    kayduke0212

Comment by kayduke0212 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sorry, I'm not going to be much help. I've had three boys but when my second was young and I would change his diaper his penis would sometimes be completely sucked in which is what might be going on in these pictures. ???
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i would say boy. . .i have two boys and one girl. The girl you can see three lines they come up pretty distinct.
    cavadana

Answer by cavadana at 10:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Oh, and according the Chinese Chart my second boy was also supposed to be a girl. So, again... ???
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i say boy but who knows. my girl was very very clear. not all babies cooperate.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Eh...both of mine were really clear. My boy spread his legs and there it was, lol. My girl had a very distinct three lines. So I don't know. I could see it either way, though it seems more like boy to me.

And all the "signs and symptoms"...mean nothing. Chinese gender chart was wrong for both of mine. My boy had all the signs of a girl, except I carried low. My girl had all the signs of a boy, except she had a higher heart rate. So I would just stick with gender neutral stuff, or get another ultrasound.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2010