how often do you wash, vaccum or sweep, mop , scrub your floors

i hate hate hate moppinmg and vacumming... where i live there is a lot of dust and i have to do it all the time constantly.. i can't stand it. so much so i'm contemplating getting a maid just to do floors, windows,walls and all surfaces to keep the dust away

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 10:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• DANG!!! I know what you mean :( I wish I had a solution for you, but man, house work can get so overwhelming to the point that every task needs a day for itself, so you don't go crazy. How often do you let some sunshine in? And if you could afford it, I would hire some help with one or two things. I find myself mopping/vaccuming/dusting twice a week, so these areas don't get out of control. Kind of like trying to keep the bathrooms up. I have three of bathrooms and the one 1/2 Bath doesn't seem to get too messy. Good Luck Momma :) I hope some one has the answer you're looking for. Happy Cleaning :)
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• One time a week
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 10:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have to do it twice a week - old house! I have to dust every other day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sweep everyday several times a day
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 10:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• we have hard wood flooring and i vacuum them everyday with the swiffer vac then once i week i clean them with the wet swiffer.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 10:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i don't mind vaccuming. i sweep up the kitchen every day, maybe 2x a day if the kids are being extra piggy. i sweep the wood floors once a week, mop once a month (the wood floors are in the formal living room and dining room where we don't go lol). i usually do a whole deep clean mop in the kitchen once a month, but other than that i just clean up the messes as they come and it looks good. one thing i found about dust....if you have forced air heating if you change your filters (get the 3 month ones, but change them every month) it makes a big difference. if you have baseboard or radiators i can't help you lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i sweep daily...vac and mop once a week
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• what about that robot vacum cleaner at bed bath and beyond, You just turn it on and it vacums away. I dont have one, but Id love to get one. Just dont get in its way or it will suck you up too!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Not nearly as often as I should. Lol
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• princessbeth is right, if you have forced air changing the filter every three months helps and also running your fan consently. We never shut our off, it doesn't cost that much and it keeps the air circulating and collects the dust in your filter. I noticed a big change with having to dust when I started this.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2010