McCain Supporters Who Didn't Vote-Why?

The results after the election showed that the turn-out of Republicans was very low. What accounts for this? Were there any of you who experienced problems making it to the polls, and if so, what type of problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh my lord- Regardless of whatever PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION. Alot are looking for people to blame now that McCain didn't win. Save yourselves the persecution and don't let them know.
    Anonymous

• they were on c-m bitching about Obama

Anonymous

• this is a valid question. and she is not bashing obama in this question. if you dont answer the question at hand, dont answer.

This is a good question, i voted. my only guess would be people were unfortunately scared maybe. im not sure though. id like to hear what stopped some people.
    dearone07

Answer by dearone07 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We're republicans, we were working.
    Anonymous

• not sure why....i know alot of ppl that didnt vote cuz they dont like either!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Because when Republicans see their hope fading, instead of going out fighting for what they believe they just hit the ground and take it. Like our fore fathers
    Anonymous

• thats true too. i heard alot of people say that is why they didnt vote. its real unfortunate this election.
    and anonymous 3:14, leave those comments to fly around your personal life. be respectful to the question at hand, once again..thank you.
    these comments are the reason there is so much battleling in CM. people ask a valid question or state their own opinions and we only get smart remarks or immaturity. i have my own opinions of this election, and i will gladly state them. but what stops me is the pure immaturity of some women on this site and in this country. Yes we still have free speech at the moment, and we can have many opinions, but we can be mature about our opinions. lets try it out and see if it works, huh? ((hugs))
    dearone07

Answer by dearone07 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I also heard about the record-low turn-out among Republicans and wondered what the reason for it was. I know it was raining hard in the area I'm in, but still the news showed huge lines of very patient and well-behaved voters standing in lines sometimes for hours to vote. No trouble, no bad attitudes, just a patriotic people proud to be doing their duty as citizens. I was frankly quite suprised that the Republican voter turn-out was a record low. Then I got to wondering about all the paranoia and fear and whether that had anything to do with some Republicans staying away.(or the rain?) The Obama supporters showed a lot of class IMO-Many were lined up at 4:00 in the morning so they could vote before work(in a downpour that went off-and-on the whole day!) They were cheerful and respectful and very much an asset to our society.
    abusedmom

Answer by abusedmom at 2:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• 3:14, I've voted in 5 Presidential elections, and for all but this last I was working a full-time job, but had time to get to the polling place before it closed. Once I went before work. Do you not even have a lunch break? I'm willing to bet you do. And couldn't you have sent in an absentee ballot? Then keep your bitterness and smart-ass comments to yourself. In case you're wondering why I was not working on this past election day, my daughter is battling a severe illness and I am the only one she's got to take care of her, so I've had to adjust my work schedule. When she's okay to go to school, I work, when she's having a very bad day I stay with her. We are suffering financially, but that's not the most important thing. To me, SHE and her health are of primary importance. We were able to go to the polls together, as she was okay and had the school day off.
    Anonymous

• As the OP I can tell you no-one was looking to blame anyone... "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it," and I thought there might be a lesson in this. I supported the other major candidate, so no sour grapes here. McCain gave a gracious concession speech and vowed to support Obama as best he can. Let's all make peace and try to do the same.
    Anonymous